11/08/2007

Another week bites the dust.

Well another week bites the dust for sure. I have 30 weeks left and "no one is counting" I have so enjoyed being out here on my mission. I have seen so many changes in my life it isn't even funny. I have really gotten to be apart of a great work that will continue going for the rest the days of life. OK, Story time. a couple of weeks ago I had held a special fast for a less active and his wife, for the reason of trying to find a way that we could talk with his wife, open her up and find out why she has concerns about he church. well that fast and prayer was answered and it opened my mind to the fact that the power of fasting and prayer really works. I have a strong testimony of it and am glad that it is apart of my life. we had transfers today and I stayed in Aloha 1st and picked up a new ward as well, Reedville. We will be in car as well so I get to have a car again. funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!! I lost some wonderful missionaries in my District. Sister Allen going home. Sister Myers transferring to a new area and my companion Elder Johnson getting transferred as well. I am going to miss all of them. I got really close with them and felt that the district was very close as well. the district is now only a four man district which will be a new thing for me. but I'll get over it soon. I love this work and will continue to work hard till I die.
Elder Trent Ipson

2 comments:

Annie Sunshine said...

Missions are a funny thing. From what I can tell from all the missionaries I have written to they both love being a missionary and all it brings as well as count down the days until they go home.

It must be a lot like the mom that says to her children, "Oh I can't wait until you grow up and can take care of yourself", but still wants to love and snuggle them and be able to forever hold them in her lap.

I hope you are cherishing the moments and the spirit that are privy only to those who chose to serve the Lord.

Brynn said...

Elder Ipson, you're amazing! Thanks for being so quick to share your testimony. I miss the mission so much. Keep up the great work and take care!
-Brynn (Sister Allen)