3/02/2011

Book of mormon challenge

Well, I committed to reading the Book of Mormon this year and started in January. Part way through the month I decided after hearing a stakes challenge, to read it in a month. So I set a goal to finish it by the end of February...that was one of my hardest goals to achieve. I wouldn't have finished it if it weren't for the mp3 player on my phone. Oh and I did miss my goal but only by one day and two hours.

Now I dont challenge others to do this in a month because some times life just won't allow for that much reading in a day for some. But I do challenge everybody who reads this to set out and read the Book of Mormon again this year starting as soon as you can. I know that by doing so you will be happier. Life will be more joyful, and much easier to handle when you start getting those lemons thrown at you. I can say that because it hasnt been an easy ride for me the past couple of months. But rest assured the Lord has been with me and is still with me as I struggle to make things work out for my family and I.

As I read the Book of Mormon again I found once again in my life to know that the words which our written in them our true. That they are brought to us by the spirit of the Lord. In and through these Holy Scriptures we can find God, and His love will over take us and strengthen us at all times.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

3 comments:

BreeAnna said...

Thanks for the challenge. I need to be better at being more consistant with reading my scriptures. I'm wondering if I set a goal to have it finished by if I would be more diligent in doing it. I'm sure I would be.

Trenton Ipson said...

I know you would be. It was tough but I found that no matter what was going on if I dedicated even ten to twenty minutes even if I had homework due that day and I wasnt done, I understood how to do things more clearly after I read or if I listened to them while I did something my mind was more clear.

Our Jarvis Jive said...

My mom is in young womens and they got all the YW together and read the BOM in two days!! ah!! All the girls said it was one of the most challenging but rewarding experiences of their lives...so I chose a weekend and tried it, and I did it too! Man is it hard!! But so so awesome! It really makes the stories come together and make more sense...a definite testimony boost. :)